Friday, April 30, 2010

Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole

So I got a call this week from the Hospitality Committee Chairperson from the kids' school that there was going to be a faculty breakfast to review the outcome of THE test...similiar to that of the TAKS test but called something else. I don't know what it's called because my kids don't take it til next year and it doesn't concern me right now. Anyway.... "Can you make a dish?" Sure! "Can you please also come and help set-up the breakfast by 7:45 am?" (UGH!) OK I'll be there. What to make? Something to feed 20 to 30 people. Egg dishes already covered & so was fruit & muffins & juice. I know! I'll make a HASHBROWN CASSEROLE. This dish is so yummy!!!! And so I made a BIG HONKING pan of it! hehe! This recipe I found online sometime last year. I first made it for the family for our Christmas Eve brunch. They said it was a keeper. It is a copycat recipe of the Cracker Barrel Restaurant Hashbrown Casserole. If you haven't tried this place you need to go. They have this great little gift shop in the front of the restaurant. It's country style cooking where they serve breakfast all day long and all dishes come with a side of this casserole. It is soooooo good! For dinner that night we had hashbrown casserole, eggs, ham steak & biscuits. Sorry but by that time I was tired and I wasn't gonna make gravy...if that's what you were thinking! We all ate til we were stuffed. May not be so good on the hips but delicious on the lips...LOL. You can find the recipe under My Recipes tab. YAY my first posting of a recipe! Enjoy it and let me know how you like it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment